Cold calling is one of the MOST EFFECTIVE methods to generate real estate leads today but it takes a lot of time, effort, and drive to make this work! To effectively utilize this, you should be keen on your script. Look out for these components:
• Opening Spiel – Having an enthusiastic/energetic tone will increase your chances of getting the person on the other line to listen and wait what you have for them!
No one wants to get a call from a grumpy person, especially when they didn’t ask to be called in the first place! So play it cool.
Lastly, have a positive disposition and jump into a conversation to connect based on common areas of interest.
• Pitching – You don’t have much time. Be upfront, introduce yourself, and let them know what you are calling them about and what’s in it for them.
• The Follow-Up (Questions) – This is a crucial part of the call, this is when you identify if the prospect fits your criteria and the right person you are looking for. It is important to ask the right questions!
• Closing Spiel – Leave a lasting impression. They may not convert as early as the first time you reach them but leaving a good impression would make them consider discussing with you again about the offer.
Automating your cold calling is a great way to maximize the number of calls being made. A Virtual Assistant can focus on this task all day hammering the phone, gauging for motivation, gathering information, and having the leads sent directly to your inbox.
There are also Done-For-You services such as Deal Dialers. With a done-for-you service, a team of trained cold callers will call your entire list and send you the leads in real time! Not too shabby!
Consistent Follow-Up Process
I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, “The fortune is in the follow up” a million times by now.
There’s a good reason it’s still a highly relevant statement. On average, about 7 out of 10 deals all close in the follow up process, and most typically take between 7-12 touches to convert.
According to Marketing Donut, only 2% of sales close at the initial meeting and 92% of people are done after the 4th “No”.
So if you are following up consistently at a minimum of 5 times, you’re already way ahead of your competition. Take advantage of that and start capitalizing on your lead follow up.
Here’s a simple and quick cheat sheet for how frequently you should be following up with leads:
• WARM – Call every 7 days
• LUKE-WARM – Call every 21 days
• COLD – Call every 30 days
Continue doing this until the deal is secure or you have been put you on a temporary restraining order!
Scraping For Buyer & Seller Leads
Scraping for leads is a great task to pass off to a Virtual Assistant! It’s repetitive, simple to follow, and not worth your time to be doing. You can have a Virtual Assistant scrape leads from Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and Zillow to name a few.
Start by giving your Virtual Assistant the criteria you would like them to search for.
They will pull all listings that match your criteria, gather the contact information, and compile and organize all the information into whatever system you use to track leads.
Facebook Lead Ads
If you’re not familiar with Facebook’s Lead Ads, they are a bit different than your typical ad. They are different because they don’t require the lead to go to an external landing page and manually fill out your form in order to opt-in.
With Lead Ads, Facebook has made it as simple as possible to collect contact information from a prospect. So simple that it really only takes 1-click in most cases.
This benefits both you as a marketer as well as the contact as the lead. They have less work to do to opt in, and you are able to collect more leads more efficiently.